Just some words about the Boozefighters
BOOZEFIGHTERS MC HISTORY
In 1946, shortly after returning from serving in the Pacific during WWII, Wino Willie Forkner and several other returning veterans, who were looking for a little more excitement and a lot of fun, decided to form their own motorcycle club in a little place named The All-American Bar. With a bit of assistance from a man by the name of Walt Porter, who himself was in a drunken stupor on a "typical" night at the All-American, came up with the perfect name for these "Wild Ones", Boozefighters, and so a motorcycle club was born. The Boozefighters Motorcycle Club (BFMC) applied for an AMA sanction but was strongly rejected by the governing body, so the term "outlaw motorcycle club" was born because of non-sanctioning by the AMA.
By 1947 the BFMC had expanded to three chapters located in Los Angeles, San Pedro and San Francisco each with about 20 members and all three chapters decided to ride and meet in Hollister, CA during the 4th of July weekend. Even though the nearby racetrack was busy with AMA races, the town's main street was where all the excitement was taking place, thanks to other clubs such as Pissed off Bastards of Bloomington and Boozefighter members such as Wino Willie, Kokomo, Gil Armas and Jim Cameron, among many others, the small police force had their hands full. The event was sensationalized by the media and dubbed as the Hollister Riot and even gaining national attention from a staged photo in the July edition of Life magazine, thus creating the American biker image and lifestyle.
There are countless tales concerning the Boozefighters and their exploits since its inception in 1946, some good and some bad but it is part of the heritage. So, fast forward to today and the BFMC have grown to have chapters all across the United States and internationally to include seven chapters located around the world. The BFMC has a long history but some things never change, we still enjoy a cold beer, living life to the fullest and having a good time just like the Original Wild Ones.
YORKTOWN CHAPTER HISTORY
Formed in 1634 as one of the eight original shires (counties) of the Virginia Colony, York County is one of the oldest counties in the U.S. Yorktown is one of the three points of the Historic Triangle of Colonial Virginia, and the location where victory was accomplished in 1781 at the conclusion of the American Revolutionary War to gain independence from Great Britain.
The area which is now York County was long inhabited by Native Americans. Chief Wahunsunacock (1547–1618) created a powerful empire of eastern-Algonquian language-speaking people known as the Powhatan Confederacy by conquering or affiliating by agreement with approximately 30 tribes.
The Chiskiack tribe of the Powhatan Confederacy lived in York County on the south side of the York River until the 1630s, when escalating conflicts with the expanding English colony based at Jamestown caused them to move. The former site of the village of Chiskiack (also sometimes spelled "Kiskiack"), as well as the Cheesecake Road and Cheesecake Cemetery (names also thought to have derived from the Powhatan), were later developed as the present-day Naval Weapons Station Yorktown near Yorktown and are included in the military base.
Chapter 159 of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club was founded on 1 January 2015 and is based in York County. Based on the areas rich history, the chapter has adopted the “Skull Chief” as our logo.